Open an account for free.
- There is no application fee.
- Arizona residency is not required to open an account.
- Anyone age 18 or older can open an account.
- You don’t need to be related to the beneficiary.
- You can even open an account for yourself.
AZ529, Arizona’s Education Savings Plan offers a variety of investment choices including both FDIC insured CD’s and Mutual Funds. The AZ529 Plan offers savings options to meet your specific investment style and risk tolerance through two direct to consumer sold plans and one financial advisor-sold plan.
educational institutions including:
Public & Private Universities
Technical & Vocational Training Schools
- Tuition and fees
- Books, supplies and equipment including a computer and internet access
- K-12 private school tuition
- Up to $10,000 in student loans
Earnings grow tax-free.
For designated beneficiaries who are Arizona residents, funds are exempt from state taxation when used to pay qualified higher-education expenses of the designated beneficiary.
Contributions are tax deductible.
The state of Arizona offers a tax deduction each year for investing in the Arizona 529 Plan of up to $4,000 for married tax filers who file a joint return and up to $2,000 for individual tax filers. Learn more about the Arizona tax incentives here.
Make tax-free withdrawals.
Withdrawals are exempt from federal and state income tax if the funds are used to pay for qualified higher education expenses, including K-12 tuition.